The Ultimate Furniture Buying Checklist
The good news is that a little planning can make a huge difference and the team at Wilmington Furniture & Mattress is here to help make your furniture buying experience an enjoyable one! Our furniture buying checklist has all the tips and tricks you need to make your experience with us fun and easy.
Furniture Buying Tips
Use these tips to help ensure you find the perfect piece of furniture:
- Make a list of what you need. Just like you wouldn’t go grocery shopping without a list, you should write down exactly what furniture you’re looking for before heading to our store. Without a list, you might forget something you need! You also run the risk of spending money on something you don’t need. Before you come in, just take a quick inventory of what you’re looking for and jot those items down on your phone or a piece of paper.
- Consider your personal style. Do you want to stick with your current style or change things up and pick something new? Do you like fun colors and textures or do you prefer a minimalist style with neutral tones? No matter what your style is, envisioning it in your head can really help you when it comes time to hit the showroom floor.
- Think about your lifestyle. Everyone has different needs when it comes to furniture. For example, a larger family might focus more on seating options, like couches and chairs, than a young couple might. When shopping for furniture, it’s important to consider which rooms you spend the most time in and which types of furniture you use most.
- Plan around existing furniture. Unless you’re throwing everything out and starting fresh, you’ll want to take your current furniture into account before buying something new. Before you visit us, consider taking pictures of the furniture you’re keeping in your home to make sure your new furniture matches.
- Keep colors in mind. While it’s important to make sure your new furniture and your old furniture mesh while you also need to consider the other colors in your home. Making sure your new pieces look good with your walls, floors, and decor can go a long way toward creating a beautiful, cohesive look.
- Material choice is also important. For example, if you have kids, you might want to go with a durable and long-lasting material. Or, if you have pets, you should consider materials that resist tears and scratching while also being easy to clean.
- Quality is key. When you buy a new piece of furniture, you do so hoping it will last. Unfortunately, that’s unlikely to happen if you go with the cheapest option. At Wilmington Furniture & Mattress, we strive to source the highest quality items possible to ensure our customers can enjoy their new furniture for many years!
- Keep it comfy. When furniture shopping, there are few things more important than making sure your new furniture is comfortable and cozy. After all, you want to be able to relax after you get your new piece home. When shopping at our store, don’t be afraid to sit down and test out as many pieces of furniture as you like!
- Take measurements. The single most important thing you can do when preparing to purchase new furniture is to measure your space. Not only that, but you should also measure your existing furniture. If you skip this step, you run the risk of purchasing something new that doesn’t fit or doesn’t look right because of its size.